Events & training
BD webinar series explores vascular access best practice following release of the 8th edition of the Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice
April 11, 2022
When new standards appear, it is important to get up to date as soon as possible to stay abreast of the latest evidence-based best practice in vascular access management (VAM). In February 2021, the Infusion Nurses Society (INS) published the 8th edition of the Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice.
To accompany vascular access professionals in navigating these standards, BD launched the “Understanding INS standards: best practices for optimising vascular access management” global webinar series in 2021. The first webinar aired on 15 June 2021. It is a series that is made public on a monthly basis.
These six webinars are an opportunity to hear from leading VAM experts and INS committee members. They provide insights on how to implement these guidelines in your facility—helping to standardise VAM around the world.
“Understanding INS standards: best practices for optimising vascular access management” webinar series:
- Webinar 1: A global perspective to clinical practice
- Webinar 2: Discussion panel
- Webinar 3: Vascular access device planning
- Webinar 4: Maximising catheter dwell time—peripheral focus
- Webinar 5: Mitigating central line complications
- Webinar 6: Optimising vascular access outcomes through staff and data
We hope this webinar series will help you expand your knowledge and expertise of vascular access best practice.